|Posted by [email protected] on April 4, 2015 at 12:45 AM|
ACS Study Guide Pre-Sale
- We are selling the ACS study guides out of the room now and will be the week before finals.
- Prices are: $25.00 for general chemistry and $30.00 for organic chemistry.
- Make a log of everything that you sell, name of customer, date, name of who sold it, and payment method.
- We are not selling guides at cost to friends!
- The following positions are open (Candidates nominated in the meeting are in parentheses)
- President (Zane Wilhelm)- Appoints all chair positions, plans all meetings for ACS, leads the group.
- Chairs: Fundraising (Stephen Barnes), Social, PR (Paige Pierce), Outreach, Recruitment, Summer camp (Edward Batt), Historian
- Vice-President- Helps the president, and fills in when the president is unable to execute his/her position.
- Treasurer (Alec Prokay)- Keep’s accurate records of all funds, and works directly with the fundraising chair to increase funds.
- Secretary (Ryan Bogrow)- Keep’s an accurate record of meeting minutes and attendance, is responsible for keeping members up to date, and assists other executive board members.
- Anyone interested in a position, let us know! Assuming a officer position is a great way to develop leadership skills and add to a resume.
- April 4: Imagination Station Volunteering.
- Meet at 10:30 A.M. Program starts at 11:00 A.M. at Imagination Station in downtown Toledo. 1 Discovery Way on the corner of Summit and Adams.
- We are hoping to get 15-20 UT students to help with guests.
- We will be helping people make an egg drop that will fall 20 feet.
- Contact Matthew Bommarito ([email protected]) if you are interested!
- April 7: The Chemistry behind the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster.
- Tuesday 6:30 P.M. In Driscoll Alumni Center 1019 (The big room in Driscoll, you can't miss it)
- Nuclear engineer giving a talk on the disaster.
- There will be a brief discussion about internships within First Energy after the general talk.
- See the calendar invite or email us for more info.
- April 8: Social Event Glass Blowing
- time: TBA
- Contact Paige Pierce ([email protected])
- April 9: Interim-President Nagi ACS visit
- Thursday 6:00 P.M. In BO 2059.
- Everyone is welcome! Bring your friends!
- There will be pizza and liquid nitrogen ice cream along with cool demos!
- Also with elections update
- April 13: UTEC Presidents Round Table.
- Monday 6:00 p.m. NE 1022
- Three people will be able to go. Those interested ask Zane ([email protected]).
- April 14: Toledo Local Section- Earth The Operators’ Manual
- Tuesday 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. @ Maumee Indoor Theater (601 Conant St., Maumee, OH 43537)
- Free and open to the public
- We need people to go to this to for our National ACS Green Chemistry Award, a high distinction that our chapter has received for several years.
- Rides will be available to those interested.
- April 16: Demo Show L Hollingworth School for the Talented and Gifted
- Thursday 1:00 P.M. Meet in the ACS room BO 2082 to assemble supplies, plan, and organize.
- There will be about 140 students.
- This is a great chance to learn the demos we do and prepare for the next national conference, which will be in San Diego.
- The school is at 653 Miami Street Toledo, OH
- If interested contact Jon Tomko ([email protected]).
- April 16: General meeting and Elections for next year.
- 6:00 pm in BO 2059
- If anyone is participating in research at the University we are displaying people’s research on the first floor in BO. If you are interested talk to Paige Pierce ([email protected]).
- We also need to set up more posters.
- One more set of posters will be rotated in before the summer and will need to be returned before break. Posters will resume in the Fall semester.
- We may need a new lighter
- Other demos that have been done include Helium and Hydrogen balloons
- Open to new ideas, let us know if you have any!
- Whisk and Steel wool demo for evening shows
- Anyone good with making videos, get in contact!
- Needs to show cool demos, what ACS does, and generally encourage students to join
- Need more members to potentially host the ACS Regional conference.
Email: [email protected]
Categories: Meeting Minutes